In the fields of finance and accounting, we have many classical theories, but none of them can fully interpret the impact of emerging technologies on value creation in business, or how business is able to transform and to revolutionize. Specifically, emerging technologies all have technological foundations; however, many related studies do not pay enough attention to technical parameters or use technology-related data to verify the new trends of business.
The objective of this special issue is to attract and publish qualified research on how emerging technologies (such as data analytics, artificial intelligence, blockchain, 5/6G, metaverse, quantum computing, etc.) make the transformation and innovation in finance and accounting systems—which are potential to deeply impact and incredibly change foundational infrastructures and operational modes of business ecosystem.
Topics of Interests
This special issue includes the following relevant topics. We welcome work that contributes to this SI. Papers should address the core theme of value creation from finance and accounting stimulated by emerging technologies. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Emerging technologies and finance. Study the primary role of emerging technologies in financial innovation.
(1) Innovation in digital financial products and services. Study specific innovations in financial products and services brought by emerging technologies.
(2) A new model of digital economy and finance integration. Study the specific ways of implementing emerging technologies into finance.
(3) Digital Financial Affairs Governance. Research on the financial rights arrangement mechanism of enterprises under the background of digitalization, and realize the balance of internal financial affairs incentive and restraint mechanisms of enterprises.
2. Emerging technologies and accounting. Examine the role of emerging technologies in improving the quality of accounting information, preventing fraud, and creating value.
(1) Emerging technologies and accounting information quality. Study the specific path of emerging technologies to improve the quality of accounting information.
(2) Digital transformation and value creation of accounting. Study the way of digital transformation of accounting to better realize the creation of enterprise value.
- Submission Deadline: September 30, 2023
- First round decisions to authors: December 10, 2023
- Paper development workshop: January 2024 Second round submission: March 1, 2024
- Second round decisions to authors: May 1, 2024
- Third and final round of submissions: June 1, 2024
- Final decisions to authors: July 1, 2024
Yang (Jack) Lu (Leading Guest Editor)
Professor, School of E-Commerce and Supply Chain, Beijing Technology and Business University
Department Chair, Associated Professor, College of Business and Engineering, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa, TX, USA
Professor, Department of Accounting, Business School, University of International Business and Economics
Associated Professor, Department of Public Finance, School of Economics, Zhejiang University
Before submitting a paper to the special issue, the authors are further advised to seek guidance for Financial Innovation from the following URL:https://jfin-swufe.springeropen.com/submission-guidelines Manuscripts should be submitted electronically through:https://www.editorialmanager.com/fini/default1.aspx Authors are requested to select the special issue title (VSI: Technology Innovation Creating Values) from the menu during the submission process. Requests for further information should be addressed to the leading guest editor Dr. Yang (Jack) Lu via email at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.